One of the most important parts on any vehicle are the brakes, however not many of us are prepared to react properly should our brakes fail. As a driver we want to avoid last minute braking and make sure we don’t drive too fast in hazardous situations. The best thing you can do for your vehicle is to keep the brakes well maintained. Paying attention and learning the signs that your car brakes are in need of a service is the first step in this process.
Here are some obvious signs to be aware of:
- Brake light appearing on your car’s dashboard
- Feeling your vehicle is taking longer to stop than it should
- Listen for the noises associated with worn or bad brakes.
- Grinding or scraping types of noise can be another indicator of brake issues.
- Vibrations that only happen during braking indicate that something is wrong.
- A loping feeling when the brakes are applied at low speeds needs attention.
- Ineffective braking or the pedal going all of the way to the floor are sure signs that you need immediate brake repair.
- Slow braking indicates a weakness in the braking system.
- Always inspect the area where you park your car for fluids leaking onto the surface.
For more detailed description, check out this link for “5 signs you need your brakes checked”
In any of these cases, you should organise a brake check as soon as possible. Paying attention to the warning signs that indicate a need for service can mean the difference between life and death on the road.